April 23, 2014

It happened!! Ohh and paperback, pix, and reading too! Doing Midweek Mayhem #likeaboss!

Working it out…
  • (Happened!!) If you didn't see my post with my BIG news last week, hope you'll check it out here. There's an owl gif that so perfectly describes my feelings :P I'm officially agented with the amazing Terrie Wolf of AKA Literary, LLC!!!
  • (Ongoing...) I've received my contract from Kensington and am giving it serious consideration. For now, Witch Way to Turn is still unavailable for purchase. Will keep you posted.
  • (Anthology Update) Lore is available NOW!!! Get it here: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and iTunes! Also in paperback here! So pleased with how it's doing! Add it to your Goodreads, or a genie might get you :P (It also has a strong anti-bullying message.) My story, Between, is about a girl, a genie, and a ton of bad decisions. YA, LGBT

************
BB (Baby Banshee) Update...
Tomorrow the Hubs and I find out the gender of our little one! Can't wait! <3 Not sure when we're gonna reveal the news tho... Stay tuned. Tease!


************
Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration for my dark and gritty new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters (right beside this paragraph) designed by the talented Danielle Fine!!!
  • Twitter pitch for BecomingAfter a transplant gives Zoe a dragon shifter’s heart, she learns that her online boyfriend is her donor and...a girl.
************
 Today I'm sharing snippet #37 from the Becoming prequel titled Longing (unedited and in Taylor's POV)! Read snippets here: #1#2#3#4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32, #33, #34, #35, #36. Excited for y'all to get to know my dragons better :) 

Longing - Chapter 2 (snippet #37)... 

“I don’t understand.” The woman’s eyes were wide as she searched the room, looking for an exit.

Taylor bit her lip, hoping to stop the transformation. Hoping to not give in to the beast’s terrifying need. This was not who she wanted to be. Yet, she knew she could never be anything different. There was no hope.

Then why must you fight me so? the beast cooed in her mind.

“Because this is wrong,” she growled.

The vet abandoned her escape search and focused on Taylor. “What are you going to do to me?”

Allow me to answer that, you worthless excuse for life, the beast mocked as it claimed her. Her body quivered violently and she fell to her knees.

“First, I shall pluck each and every hair from your head while you scream. I will drink in your cries and savor them for you will not have many left. When I slice through your delicate flesh, I will lick the blood as it flows freely onto my tongue.” The beast stretched Taylor’s arms out, and she watched as they shook and talons began to emerge.

The woman began to shriek. She pushed off the ground and ran.

An excited rumble formed in Taylor’s chest as the beast began to roar. Taylor forced her eyes closed and the beast took a deep breath, devouring the fear in the air.

“I should warn you, there is no escape, but by all means, do try.” The beast fought for full control of Taylor’s mind. She held it off as long as she could, but this was her curse
.
************

Reading...
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd!
  • A Long Time Coming by Heather Van Fleet!! This is a NA contemporary read. It's the second in her Perfect Timing series, and I love these characters!! They are so real and believable. 

Bonus material... 
*Writers, looking for a talented editor? I highly recommend Danielle FineShe's edited five manuscripts of mine and has taught me so much! I'm a stronger writer because of her guidance. Also, she designed my beautiful inspiration cover art for Becoming and Running From ShadowsAnnnnd she created the book trailer for Witch Way to Turn! 
*For more information on Dani's editing services, cover design, book trailer creation and website design stop by her site!


************
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...
So Hubs bought the black/rolly thing at his feet. It's supposed to be a deep tissue massage thingy. I'm not so sure O.o

This. Killed. Me.

BB bump last week at 19 weeks! This week (today BB is 20 weeks)!

At first I thought I was looking for a dragon...but hint: It's not a dragon ;) So sweet.

Me when I signed my agency contract with AKA Literary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy your blogs and especially the pics! I am so excited to find out the gender of BB!

    ReplyDelete