April 20, 2014

You'll have a wonderful life with him. Erm, my stalker? No thanks… RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #8Sunday #YAPNR

logo WWW Vet 


Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
(Read last week's post. Set-up) Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Back at Pax's cabin, Greta and Pax talk. He tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. And she must under no circumstance confront it because it will kill her. And don't get emotional about anything! >.< Pax takes Greta home. Now, her mother wants to discuss the betrothal. She says that Greta's stalker/betrothed (Bain) loves her, and she'll have a wonderful life with him... College, pretty things, all paid for!

Cover Art by Danielle Fine


Why was she being so calm? Granted, things had tamed in the argument department since Jill’s death but usually our fights reached such piercing heights only dogs could hear us.

“Mom, are you serious? Those things don’t matter to me.” I rubbed my forehead. “Well, college does, but that’s why I’ve worked so hard to make straight As, and if I get the track scholarship I won’t need to worry about paying for college.”

“There are other things to consider.” Her unnatural cool both terrified and pissed me off.

Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

* (NEW) Finally able to share my BIG news!!!! I've signed with Terrie Wolf of the AKA Literary, LLC Agency!!!!!! Hope you'll check out my post here. :D *SPINS*

*My newest release is AVAILABLE NOW. Only 99 cents (for a short time)!! Soo excited to be part of this fantastically talented group of authors. Check out the Lore anthology. Amazon! B&N! My story is a YA LGBT about a girl, a genie, and a tone of bad decisions. 

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;)

 *Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your good news! Enjoyed the excerpt, your heroine seems so level headed, with things well planned out...yet there's the mother, not talking. I can't wait to see what bombshell she's going to throw. Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..only dogs could hear us.." Love it! Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What other things to consider...her mom's a freak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She definitely has something in mind, I don't trust her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "only dogs could hear us." That line is perfect!

    Congrats on your news!! Woohoo! :-)

    I'm now stalking you on Pinterest. You have some neat boards, Karen!

    ReplyDelete