February 16, 2016

The many uses of Jojoba. Get your oil on! #TryItTuesday #AmazonPrime

Try It Tuesday . . . Wherein I review things and stuff.

It does all the things!

When I first bought jojoba oil, I mainly thought I'd use it as a carrier oil* for essential oils. But, holy crow, it has so many uses (for hair, skin, nails). Duude.

Yeah, I don't know much about essential oils. Other than, quality oils come in dark bottles. So when I bought this one, I was like, coolio.

*also known as base oil or vegetable oil, is used to dilute essential oils and absolutes before they are applied to the skin in massage and aromatherapy





Today's product: Jojoba Oil


Where to find: Oil shops? Is that a thing? I bought mine on Amazon.

Average cost: $7.00 to $50.00

Lasts: I use it every day (twice a day all over my face and once a day for eye make-up remover), and I've had my 4oz bottle for two months--and I haven't ran out yet.


Karen's rating:




Jojoba oil has been awesome, because first of all it replaced my eye make-up remover, my facial moisturizer, and my aftershave (for legs/underarms/whoha). So, instead of having three things taking up space on my bathroom counter-top, I now have one. Booyah.

Secondly, the schzit works. It's helped smooth out and calm my rosacea. It has made my eyelashes less brittle (so they don't fall out all the time) and they've gotten thicker cos they're healthier.

Thirdly, I mixed it with a little rose hip oil, and it has practically made the fine-lines/wrinkles around my eyes and mouth invisible.

I'm just pumped that I gave this stuff a shot. Really wasn't expecting much, but I've kinda fallen in love with it. Plus, it's organic and chemical free. Which is pretty awesome in itself.

****

More uses and skin benefits for your reading pleasure.



Heard of this? Used it? What say you?

****

Wanna see more red balloons go by? Thought so. Check out my previous reviews*
*Reviews are my own opinions, I am not paid to promote any items.

Freezing Herbs
Disposable Bibs
Toddler proofing cupboards
Snoozies (slippers)
Nongshim Shin Noodles
Nivea Lotion

****

Oily is the new black . . . karen

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool that you wrote about this. I've been obsessed with finding the best natural and chemical free skin care for a few years now. I love using jojoba with essential oils! And it really is so great as a makeup remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I was stoked when I discovered it. I'd been using an expensive dual-action eye make-up remover for years, but when I started reading labels (when I got preggo) that one really freaked me out. Especially since I know it's gotten into my eye holes on multiple occasions. But I didn't know what else to use, b/c nothing seemed to get my mascara off. Jojoba oil is great at it though! I've just gotten started experimenting with different essential oils. It's pretty awesome. Wish I had more money to buy all the oils. lol

      Delete
  2. I normally mix Jojoba oil with organic coconut oil for my legs durning the winter months. It keeps my legs moisturized.

    ReplyDelete