- Currently working on my dark and gritty work-in-progress (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters and is unlike anything I've ever written)! Am a little over 55k!!
- Read last week's snippet here :)
- This is an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Taylor, the "blonde goddess," is kind of like a female Dexter). This snippet is right after Taylor has read a text from her love interest..
Warmth spread inside of her. The thought of seeing her love made her smile. Those were hard to come by. All too soon her joy shattered as the beast inside of her began to whisper tauntingly. Always with the still small voice to begin with. Then suddenly the murmur would turn into a roar. Not stopping until appeased.
She squeezed her eyes shut, gripped the steering wheel and tried to concentrate on the flood of warmth coming from the vents. Even with her eyes closed, the beast’s need grew more urgent. Couldn’t she have just this one happiness? A moment to enjoy and remember without it being corrupted by murderous temptation.
For the past six months the hunger had intensified. Her father’s list of acceptable victims dwindled from the rate at which the beast forced her to kill.
The crescendo of her anxiety peaked as Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony began to play. She peeled open her eyes and answered her phone.
|Cover Art by Danielle Fine|
- On week #29 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed and keeps querying*
- On week #21 of waiting to hear back from the editor I pitched to at the RWA conference in July. *also continues to keep all possible body parts crossed*
- Currently I am beta-reading for an awesome friend and writer... Katheryn!
- 75% into New Pride by Laura Diamond!! A young adult short story with werecats!
- 5 Star Review for Terms & Conditions Apply by Pippa Jay! (here)
- 5 Star Review for Winter Fairy by Lola Karns (here)
*Tune back in for SSS on Sunday for more steamy goodness with Pax and Greta from Running From Shadows!
*Watch the awesome Witch Way to Turn book trailer here!!
*Let me know you've Liked my Facebook Author Page and I'll gladly Like you back! :) Click here!
*Beautiful cover art for Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the awesome Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing and book trailer services.
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...
|This is picture hanging on the wall in the hallway upstairs drives me insane!! It constantly tilts to the right, so I'm always adjusting it EVERY time I walk by it. Rawr :P|
|This is the Clean/Dirty magnet for the dishwasher. Yup, those are zombies! I so LOVE it! It has changed the way I do dishes. Now, I never have to wonder... Are these dishes clean?? It's a Christmas miracle!|
|My Charlie Brown Christmas tree at work :) And my blue jay paperweight. I am obsessed with paperweights!|