- Currently working on my dark and gritty work-in-progress (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters and is unlike anything I've ever written)! Am a little over 52k!!
- Read last week's snippet here :)
- This is an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Zoe Moore, the raven-haired beauty with a gazillion neuroses). This snippet is right after she sees her love interest with someone else...
Something overheated inside of Zoe. Her world of color dulled. The already cloudy day dimmed even more until everything was gray and white. This time the skin on the back of her hands didn’t just flicker to what might possibly be scales… They were scales. Black and rigid.
The wheel slipped from her grip as fingers melded together and turned into talons on each claw, ripping through the leather of the steering wheel. Shit! She slammed on the brake and braced for the impact of the car behind her. What else could she do? Take some damage in the back or collide smack into on-coming traffic.
No jolt forward, just an ungodly loud horn and the screech of tires. She opened her eyes just as the driver of a Toyota Camry threw the bird at her.
Her breath came quick and hard. Puffs of smoke billowed out. Her body quivered and burned. She had to cool down.
Somehow she had to make this go away. This… She stared with gray and white horror at her…her claws. And what the hell was wrong with her vision? This couldn’t be happening. How was it even possible?
The air-conditioning was already on; she never turned it off. Shoving the hideous scaly things in front of the vents, she waited. Tried to hold her breath. Stop the smoke puffs from escaping. No use. They pushed out of her nose. Hell. She’d have smudges everywhere.
Are you losing your mind? Who gives a flying freak about smoke? Your hands are claws and you can’t see color!
|Cover Art by Danielle Fine|
- On week #28 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed and keeps querying*
- On week #20 of waiting to hear back from the editor I pitched to at the RWA conference in July. *also continues to keep all possible body parts crossed*
- Currently I am beta-reading for an awesome friend and writer... Katheryn!
- 50% into New Pride by Laura Diamond!! A young adult short story with werecats!
*Tune back in for SSS on Sunday for more steamy goodness with Pax and Greta from Running From Shadows!
*Watch the awesome Witch Way to Turn book trailer here!!
*Let me know you've Liked my Facebook Author Page and I'll gladly Like you back! :) Click here!
*Beautiful cover art for Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the awesome Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing and book trailer services.
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...
|Unicorn sighting!!! (At my local drugstore...of all places!)|
|Me posing with my awesome new scarf, belt and necklace from my BFF! We exchanged Christmas gifts early :)|
|The hubs holding Rusty pup. They are so freakin' adorable!!! <3|