- Am doing setting description edits for Running From Shadows. Gotta make my demon-slaying unicorn story sparkle and shine even more than it already does!! Am nearly finished...
- Currently going gangbuster on my dark and gritty work-in-progress (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters and is unlike anything I've ever written)! Crossed over 51k words today!
- Read last week's snippet here :)
- Here's an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Zoe Moore, the raven-haired beauty with a ga-zillion neuroses). This snippet is right after Zoe's mom shows up unexpectedly at her college to take her to an unscheduled doctor's appointment...
“How did you even know I’d skipped my appointments?” Zoe stared out the car window, watching the hospital sign come into view. As much as she tried to put this place out of her mind, she couldn’t. Every day something would remind her of the two years she’d nearly wasted away here. Watching others receive news of a new heart.
Not that she wished any ill on those patients. They were mostly children and she cared about them, celebrated their enthusiasm when she was strong enough. But after awhile her own hope had vanished. She’d looked death in the face and accepted it. Life wasn’t forever.
“Sweetheart, you know Nurse Betty and I are friends.” Mom parked and was already getting out of the car.
What about patient confidentiality? Damn. Zoe hustled to keep up. She wouldn’t let this argument go, and she didn’t need her mommy going to an appointment with her. “That doesn’t give you the right. I’m eighteen now. My patient charts are my business. What I do with my life is up to me. I decide how to live. God, Mom!” She threw her hands in the air and stopped walking. Okay, it seemed a little dramatic, but her mother had no right. And, sure, Zoe did want to lash out at someone. For hell’s sake, she’d just lost the one person who’d made her smile, made her feel sexy.
|Cover Art by Danielle Fine|
- On week #27 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed and keeps querying*
- On week #19 of waiting to hear back from the editor I pitched to at the RWA conference in July. *also continues to keep all possible body parts crossed*
- (NEW) I've been entering pitch contests, but as soon as the holidays are over... I'm querying again! Hard and fast! Oh yes I am!
- Currently I am beta-reading for an awesome friend and writer... Katheryn!
- Books I read over vacation and LOVED!
Winter Fairy by Lola Karns
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
*Tune back in for SSS on Sunday for more steamy goodness with Pax and Greta from Running From Shadows!
*Would love for you to stalk, uh, follow me on Pinterest! Click here, my darlings... I pin back :P teehee
*Add Witch Way to Turn to your to-be-read list here!
*Watch the awesome Witch Way to Turn book trailer here!!
*(NEW) Let me know you've Liked my Facebook Author Page and I'll gladly Like you back! :) Click here!
*Beautiful cover art for Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the talented Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing and book trailer services.
Random Alert! Vacation Pix! Alert. Alert. Alert...
|Hubs is rockin' our matching zombie t-shirts! Why? Cos he's awesome like that. ;D Rockin' my glasses cos a contact totally splintered in my eye... Yeah, I freaked out! :P|
|Vacation read: Winter Fairy by Lola Karns - Adorable, heartwarming - 5 STARS!|
|Vacation read: Terms & Conditions Apply by Pippa Jay - Intriguing, sexy - 5 STARS!|
|Uh, so... How do you smoke a life vest? Is that what the kids are doing these day? teehee|
|Totally tried to tweet this in mid-flight, but wouldn't ya know... NO cellphone reception! Madness!!|
|Cool sculpture at the Denver, Colorado airport.|
|Me trying to look, erm, whimsical? Not so much...LOL I'm totally giggling in the pic! You just can't see my face. :P|
|Monterrey, California aquarium... A starfish humpin' a rock that looks like an alligator.|
|More from the aquarium... The seahorse exhibit was one of my faves!! It's tail is wrapped around the seaweed. Cool, right!|
|This was the open ocean exhibit at feeding time and YES that totally is a hammerhead shark!! Ahhhh! The reason I don't swim in the ocean...just sayin'. ;)|
|At the Denver airport on the way home. Made me think of South Park. LOL|