March 22, 2013

5 STAR Book Review for Shifting Pride by @diamondlb!! #werecats #YAPNR #Goodreads

Shifting Pride by Laura Diamond My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read the novelette prequel (New Pride by Laura Diamond) and absolutely loved it! Laura's gift for writing the young adult voice is amazing! So I couldn't wait to start Shifting Pride. This full-length young adult novel was a fun, fast-paced read with a mystery element weaved in. As much as I love plot, for me, I want to connect to the characters on a deep emotional level, and Laura definitely delivers!

The heroine, Nickie, is so sassy and kick-ass. Yet, she has this authentic, teen personality. Despite the loss of her dad and discovering that she's a werecat, she's able to grieve, learn and come through everything that's thrown at her as a stronger person.

Oh and the hero, Xavian, hot! A total bad-ass werecat with the sweetest sarcastic side ever! He matches Nickie so perfectly. Even if they don't realize it for a while!

This is a fantastic coming-of-age paranormal romance with a very real teen voice. Highly recommend!

Now, for some of my fave quotes from Shifting Pride:

**Like a magnet luring iron shavings, the book tempted me with its mysteries. 
**Ending up in an asylum didn't sound any more appealing than shifting species. 
**(This is my all time fave!) He brought it out of me. It being instant rage.
**Xavian drove like an expert stunt driver high on meth and Red Bull.
**Another honk from the horn enticed me to open my eyes. It was better to see death coming.
**The accusation shattered the air, and shards of it sliced into my soul.
**The audience ate conflict like it was a heaping bowl of Haagen Dazs's Dulce de Leche ice cream.
**As Xavian said, I'd developed the ability to be my own furnace, and for once I didn't mind the cold.
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Book Trailer - Shifting Pride

   

Buy Shifting Pride!

Stalk Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment