- Over Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday of last week) I wrote over 3k words!!! For me that is a great success and I'll take it! Happy dance! :D
- #PitchWars is now open! Stop by, pick your coaches and next week we'll find out if we made it into the agent round! Click here for more info.
- The hubby's family came up for a visit over the weekend and we had a fantastic time! Went to see Skyfall, which I loved! *wants to live in a house like Skyfall...all stone and enormous--just don't wanna clean it* Way better than the second movie. Watch the preview here. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law brought (Rusty pup's cousins) their two doggies, a husky mix and a weimaraner... Rusty had so much fun playing, but now he's so melancholy that they're gone. He's pitiful!! O.O
- In other news... Leaving on Sunday for Monterrey, California!! The hubby is presenting a brainiac aerospace paper at a JANNAF conference. So, what that means for ME is: writing and reading and coffee drinking...ohhhhh my!!! Le sigh. :)
- Depending on internet access, there may not be a Midweek Mayhem post next week, so prepare yourselves now. ;)
- Am doing setting description edits for Running From Shadows. Gotta make my demon-slaying unicorn story sparkle and shine even more than it already does!! Am nearly finished...
- Currently going gangbuster on my dark and gritty work-in-progress (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters and is unlike anything I've ever written)! Crossed over 45k words today!
- Read last week's snippet here :)
- Here's an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Taylor, the "blonde goddess," is kind of like a female Dexter). This snippet starts with Taylor's father speaking to her...
“I’m coping just fine.” Yes, that was a lie.
“I beg to differ. You’re asking for a new list every week now. That’s two kills per day on three of those days. And the electricity bill at the warehouse continues to go up each month.”
“Is this about money? I’ll pay for whatever I need to.”
“This isn’t about money, Taylor Mae. It’s about control. You’re losing it. Ever since the transplant—”
He doubts my ability? The Beast growled. Kill the girl who owns my heart, and I will be free. You shall be free, Taylor Mae. It mocked.
“No!" Taylor shouted. She hadn’t meant to say that aloud. Cradling her neck, she turned her back to him and stole a couple steps to the railing.
“Now you’re talking to it? This is a slippery slope you’re climbing. We tried to do things your way. I cut my own daughter’s heart out of her chest and gave it to another, in the hopes of ridding you of the curse.” He moved next to her. His shoulder bumped against hers. “It. Didn’t. Work.”
She wouldn’t argue with him about this. It didn’t matter what hadn’t worked or what he thought. Only how she felt. She had tried it his way. It wasn’t as though she wanted to murder people her entire existence, but she also couldn’t force herself to be who she wasn’t. Not anymore.
|Cover Art by Danielle Fine|
- On week #25 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed and keeps querying*
- On week #17 of waiting to hear back from the editor I pitched to at the RWA conference in July. *also continues to keep all possible body parts crossed*
- Currently I am beta-reading for an awesome friend and writer... Katheryn!
- 55% through reading Winter Fairy by Lola Karns!! Check it out here! Absolutely adorable! Am loving it!!
- Planned vacation reads: Terms & Conditions Apply by Pippa Jay (a sci-fi, romance short story/stunning cover art designed by Danielle Fine) AND after watching the trailer preview for Warm Bodies movie and being told by a friend that it's a book (author is Isaac Marion)...I totally bought it! Stoked to read both!!
*Tune back in for SSS on Sunday for more steamy goodness from Running From Shadows! Pax is dressing Greta's wound...yes, this is gonna be hawt :)
*Would love for you to stalk, uh, follow me on Pinterest! Click here, my darlings... I pin back :P teehee
*Add Witch Way to Turn to your to-be-read list here!
*Watch the awesome Witch Way to Turn book trailer here!!
*Beautiful cover art for Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing and book trailer services.
Random Alert! Random. Alert. Alert. Alert...
|Look at how pretty I'm sitting. Give them to me, human!! (What you can't see is the pan of freshly baked biscuits on the island. Yeah, Rusty pup was super focused.)|
|This was at the Breakfast Club in downtown Charlotte (an 80s club--so awesome) for my SIL's bachelorette party earlier this year. Boom. Random!! Look how pale I am!! Sheesh. It's okay tho, cos looking like a vampire is totally in right now ;)|