January 12, 2014

It wasn’t the demon making me nervous... RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #8Sunday #YAPNR #unicorns



Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
(Read last week's post. Set-up) Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Back at Pax's cabin, Greta and Pax talk. He tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. And she must under no circumstance confront it because it will kill her. And don't get emotional about anything! >.< Pax offers to drive Greta home. As they're saying goodbye, Greta tenses in his arms, but he tells her to relax because he knows what he's doing and she's safe...

Cover Art by Danielle Fine
I peeked up at his face and caught the remnants of his quick smile. Yearning to feel the familiar heat of him, I leaned against his chest. It wasn’t the demon making me nervous, though it probably should’ve been. For some reason, this boy—with his calm voice and soft touch—messed with my mind. When I was close to him like this, nothing else seemed to matter. It felt like we’d been together this way a thousand times before, and memories teased the edge of my mind. I started to reach up, to touch his cheek, then snatched my hand back. What the hell was wrong with me?

Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;) 

*Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info! 

*Check out the USA Today recommended book trailer for Witch Way to Turn!! here

9 comments:

  1. Very nice emotional description. Well written and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured this reader, Karen. Well written snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how fascinated she is by him, in spite of herself. The comment about memories is very intriguing - excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this 8 does a great job of showing. we are inside of her head. love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's never been in love before, has she? Lovely eight, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she is falling for him, that's so cute.
    Maybe she really met him before too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully intriguing. They have a past? In history? They've been together before? lol, you are such a tease, Karen. I like the way you drop hints into the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, all kinds of possibilities hinted at here. Reincarnation? Dreams she doesn't remember while awake?

    Interesting snippet!

    ReplyDelete