- Currently working on my dark and gritty work-in-progress (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters and is unlike anything I've ever written)! Am a little over 61k and in the final battle scene!! Gonna type THE END by the weekend!!!
- Read last week's snippet here :)
- This is an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Taylor, the "blonde goddess," is kind of like a female Dexter).
Who was there with her? She tried to speak. Couldn’t.
Where was she? She remembered her father dragging her to the parking deck, into the boiler room and to a door with a caution sign on it. He had taken her there many times as a child, when she had no control over the beast and before he had her lair built.
She shivered and took in her surroundings. Gray, cement walls caged her in. Smooth, gray cement floors were splattered with red. Looking up, a gray vaulted ceiling completed her cell. Lights flickered, causing eerie black shadows to scurry all around her. She was alone.
Still the psychotic howl of merriment echoed throughout the prison. Cold. Heartless. Her throat ached and she wanted desperately to undo last night.
You are a spoiled ingrate with no sense of pleasure. The beast growled in her mind and the laughter ceased. It had been coming from her. The shivering became violent spasms as she convulsed on the floor. It was one thing for the demon to speak to her in her mind. It was an entirely different situation to hear it use her own voice as if she were its vessel.
When the shaking ceased, she lay limp and naked on the ground.
Her hands quivered as she turned them palm up. In the creases were flakes of red. If she could only wash away the shame of what she had done. The guilt of taking all those lives. She heard their pleas in her mind. Remembered the looks of terror and screams of agony as she tore into their flesh. Most passed out before they died. Those who didn’t suffered until the very end.
The beast enjoyed taking things slow. Especially when there was no chase involved. For instance, last night’s sacrifice. These victims had been feed to the monster as though they were virgins at the mouth of a volcano. Only the eruption could never be stopped.
Today, the beast would require another kill… Time to revel in the chase, savor the essence of fear and enjoy snuffing out the life within.
|Cover Art by Danielle Fine|
- On week #30 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed and keeps querying*
- (Update) Over the weekend, I found out it was a very professional and kind pass. *holds head high and keeps querying* On week #21 of waiting to hear back from the editor I pitched to at the RWA conference in July. *also continues to keep all possible body parts crossed*
- Currently I am beta-reading for two awesome friends and writers... Katheryn and Jenna Jaxon!
- I finished New Pride by Laura Diamond! A young adult short story with werecats! Loved it! Review to be posted soon!
*Tune back in for SSS on Sunday for more steamy goodness with Pax and Greta from Running From Shadows!
*Watch the awesome Witch Way to Turn book trailer here!!
*Let me know you've Liked my Facebook Author Page and I'll gladly Like you back! :) Click here!
*Beautiful cover art for Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the awesome Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing and book trailer services.
*Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd!
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...
|At this time last year, I had just started edits for Witch Way to Turn...and when I came out of the editing cave it was April! LOL ;)|
|Dragon...made out of LEGOs!!!! Need I say more?? :P|
|That is not the toy you were looking for.|
|The filing cabinets at my day job...actually they're a torture device. I avoid at ALL cost! But I risked it all just to take a picture for you. :P|