August 31, 2014

Unicorns, demons, and hot boys... Oh my! RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #8Sunday #YAPNR

logo WWW Vet 


Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
(Read last week's post. Set-up) Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Pax tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. And she must under no circumstance confront it because it will kill her. And don't get emotional about anything! >.< Now, her mother tells her Reed Clarkwell--Greta's shrink--suggested the marriage contract. She's gotta stay calm per Pax, and all she can do is think about it. Greta makes it to work and Pax shows up with coffee, and she goes into bumble-fumble mode...

Cover Art by Danielle Fine
Grammatical liberties were taken :)


“How did it go when you got home?” He stared at me intently and the concern in his eyes pushed my standard response of Fine to the side. I wanted to talk to him, and it wasn’t because he was my protector.

I scooted the lid of the coffee cup around with my index finger. “In a word, bad.”

He leaned down on the black countertop. “Are you all right?”
I hesitated before wrapping my hands around the warm coffee cup.


Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

*Update - My son (Lucas Evan Bynum) is due SOON...September 9! So I might be slow visiting posts and posting on my own blog. I'll be back in the swing of things pretty soon...hopefully, maybe ;) Thanks for stopping by and supporting me! *HUGS*

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;)

 *Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info!

10 comments:

  1. So you have your own labor day scheduled. Wonderful! Love all the details in your snippet. Good writing and good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Hope all goes smoothly for you. I'm happy to see Pax back : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for the new baby when he arrives! Enjoyed seeing Pax, love his concern for the heroine. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't just brush off someone that concerned (and attractive). I love all her fidgeting, it really demonstrates her mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting piece and congratulations on the coming birth of your new little one. Best of luck to you! ~Neva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the natural flow of the writing into the dialogue.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/08/weekend-writing-warriors-83114.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this is the first time I have met Pax and already I like him. I get an intriguing vibe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spooky angst is one of my favorite combinations! Your snippets are always intriguing. Hope everything goes well for you and your son! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it. I like that she wants to talk to him for reasons other then him being her protector. And her wrapping her hands around the warm coffee cup makes me thing she's looking for comfort. Nicely done! :-)

    ReplyDelete